AMP stands for accelerated mobile pages and PWA stands for progressive web app. Both technologies are designed to improve user experience when browsing the internet using a mobile phone, something that is now more important than ever.
AMP is a technology developed by Google. It was primarily initiated in order to make loading times shorter on pages, boosting user experience. It will only load what is actually needed for the requested page, which is how it improves speed so dramatically. AMP pages can load up to 4 times faster than RWD.
PWA helps people shop more easily online using mobile devices. It provides customers with an unrivalled shopping platform that can offer look ups, a loadable shopping cart and a swift and reliable checkout process. PWA makes all this possible whilst using a mobile phone, revolutionising the mobile shopping experience. Mobile search is now so important, this cannot be ignored by retailers.
Many types of technology are used to access the internet in our modern world. Whether we are browsing the internet on our mobile phones or using it on our desktop computers to carry out our work, websites and technology have an important function in our everyday lives. This makes it more important than ever for website to be easily accessible and simple to use for everybody.
When a website is designed well, it shouldn’t make any difference what device you use to access it. The website should use a responsive design so that it will adapt to any device. Phones, tablets and computers should all show you a usable website that is easy for you to navigate. This is all tied into user experience, making sure anybody can access a website easily and use it to its full potential. When websites are designed well, the technology behind them should allow for a great user experience.
Buying electrical items for households and businesses is not an especially easy task. It can be difficult to know what to look out for and how to know whether a product is going to be good quality and stand the test of time. Here are some tips to help you:
- Read reviews. Other customers like you will have been buying electrical products and will be able to share their own experiences. Look at reviews on specific web pages and on the product itself.
- Know the item you’re buying. Have an understanding of how it functions and how it will work. Then you can spot any potential defects easily.
- Choose good, reputable brands that are well known and that mean something to you. Not only will they tend to be the best quality, they will also come with a good guarantee. Look up the best brands to buy.
There are so many different ways you can now access the internet and the option you choose will very much depend on your own personal preference. These are some of the most popular options you can select:
- A mobile phone. Choose a smartphone to access the internet anywhere, at any time. If you are able to use WiFi, this will save you using your mobile data. You will usually have a certain amount of data available on your contract or pay as you go sim card.
- Laptop or desktop computer. This is the most convenient option if you want to work and need to do a lot of writing. Choose a laptop or desktop if you’re going to be accessing the internet for a long period of time.
- This is larger and more convenient than a mobile phone but it is still quite small and portable. You will need to use WiFi to access the internet using one of these devices.
Christmas is a time when people like to give gifts that people really want, and often technology is top of the list. It’s the perfect time to ask for the latest gadgets and get yourself up to date. So what are you hoping to find under the Christmas tree this year? Here are our top technology picks this December:
- Fitness monitors. There are so many different brands making these now, it would be hard to select a favourite. Monitors are becoming increasingly stylish and can easily be worn on your wrist, making a fashion statement as well as being incredibly useful. Features range from heart rate monitors to step counters.
- Amazon Echo. This clever device makes use of a smart speaker and voice technology to control a variety of appliances and search the internet. You can even use it to control smart technology around the house. It’s the ideal way to integrate everything in your home.
- Wireless headphones. The most sophisticated way to listen to music, wireless headphones employ excellent soundproofing technology as well as being easy and comfortable to wear.
- Kitchen gadgets. Kitchens are becoming increasingly more technologically advanced, with mixers, smart appliances and even toasters that will poach an egg at the same time! For people who love cooking, kitchen gadgets could be the way to go this Christmas.
- Virtual reality headsets. This is one of the largest trends in gaming and technology, allowing users to have a much more immersive experience. If you have somebody who loves playing games in your life, treat them to a device that will allow them to play virtual reality games.
If you need some inspiration this Christmas, think technology. It always makes a great gift and it will make your loved ones very happy.