There are so many different ways you can now access the internet and the option you choose will very much depend on your own personal preference. These are some of the most popular options you can select:
- A mobile phone. Choose a smartphone to access the internet anywhere, at any time. If you are able to use WiFi, this will save you using your mobile data. You will usually have a certain amount of data available on your contract or pay as you go sim card.
- Laptop or desktop computer. This is the most convenient option if you want to work and need to do a lot of writing. Choose a laptop or desktop if you’re going to be accessing the internet for a long period of time.
- This is larger and more convenient than a mobile phone but it is still quite small and portable. You will need to use WiFi to access the internet using one of these devices.
Christmas is a time when people like to give gifts that people really want, and often technology is top of the list. It’s the perfect time to ask for the latest gadgets and get yourself up to date. So what are you hoping to find under the Christmas tree this year? Here are our top technology picks this December:
- Fitness monitors. There are so many different brands making these now, it would be hard to select a favourite. Monitors are becoming increasingly stylish and can easily be worn on your wrist, making a fashion statement as well as being incredibly useful. Features range from heart rate monitors to step counters.
- Amazon Echo. This clever device makes use of a smart speaker and voice technology to control a variety of appliances and search the internet. You can even use it to control smart technology around the house. It’s the ideal way to integrate everything in your home.
- Wireless headphones. The most sophisticated way to listen to music, wireless headphones employ excellent soundproofing technology as well as being easy and comfortable to wear.
- Kitchen gadgets. Kitchens are becoming increasingly more technologically advanced, with mixers, smart appliances and even toasters that will poach an egg at the same time! For people who love cooking, kitchen gadgets could be the way to go this Christmas.
- Virtual reality headsets. This is one of the largest trends in gaming and technology, allowing users to have a much more immersive experience. If you have somebody who loves playing games in your life, treat them to a device that will allow them to play virtual reality games.
If you need some inspiration this Christmas, think technology. It always makes a great gift and it will make your loved ones very happy.
Mobile phones have become a common place gadget for most people, but in order to make it possible for the older generation to access this technology there are a number of considerations to deal with.
The first issue is the physical size of the handset. Fortunately, the trend for smaller and smaller handsets seems to have diminished and the majority of mobiles are now a more sensible size.
A further issue for many people however is the size of the keypad or app icons on the screen. Most phones have an accessibility feature which increases the size of these and can easily be set up in the settings menu.
A simplified home screen can be a beneficial to some people as it makes it easier to see and select the application they want to use. Again this is simple to do on the majority of phones. A visit to the phone store where you purchased the phone or sim card from will usually result in helpful member of staff setting the phone up for you.
If you are in the market for a new mobile [hone, you may be shocked at how much some of the newer, popular models are. Many people don’t want to have a phone on contract, or already have a contract for their usage, so therefore they will have to purchase the handset themselves.
Buying a second hand phone can save you a lot of money and if you don’t mind having the slightly older model, you can often half the original purchase price.
There is always a risk involved when buying second hand, and ideally you want to try and buy from somewhere that will give you a warranty or accept faulty returns. If buying from an individual you may not get any sort of guarantee and even if you are shown it working, it may be that it has an intermittent fault or a fault that takes a little while to take effect.
When going on holiday you may need to charge a number of items before you go. If you have children who are taking tablets, hand held consoles or dvd players for use in the car and on holiday then you can spend days prior, making sure that everything is charged.
When charging any electrical item always insure that you are using the correct charger as if you do not this can have serious effects and can cause fires. Also try not to charge items when you are out of the house of when you are asleep in case they do catch on fire, and make sure that you tunr off and unplug the charger after use.
Be wary about buying any chargers online especially if they have not passed the EU checks as they are more likely to cause an accident.
If you are taking chargers with you be sure to have the correct plugs i.e. USB plugs.